SWALA has been formed to bring together all practitioners with an interest in Administrative Law in the South West of England. It welcomes solicitors and barristers both in private practice and employed by public authorities.
Its objects are:
- To promote the development of specialist expertise in administrative and public law in the South West of England.
- To encourage and support the use of the local jurisdiction of the Administrative Court.
- To provide a forum for discussion.
- To encourage education and training.
- To protect and promote the efficiency and capacity of Courts in the South West of England to deal with administrative and public law matters.